Monday, December 5, 2011


Mandy Kennett sent in a success story:

I am a member of Treasure Hunter’s Cove forum & Carolyn suggested I send you my SCORE for a Christmas game sold out of my eBay store! I picked it up earlier this year at a local garage sale here in Oakville, Ontario Canada, where I bought a whole pile of items & the home owner looked at my giant pile & said, “How about $10 for everything?” So it cost me about .46 cents!!!! It sold out of my store during my US Thanksgiving/Black Friday Sale for $79.96USD to ship to the UK and they had to pay the shipping via Canada Post International Airmail Small Packet of $50.85USD. The shipping did cost me $50.26USD. I did not add shipping & handling since I feel so badly that Canada Post overseas postal rates are so high (no such thing as 1st class international post here!)!

The game is WHO-VILLE OPOLY a special issue of the popular Monopoly board game starring The Grinch Who Stole Christmas a limited issue from 2005 only. The game was in good, well-cared for condition with all game pieces including the little pewter men in the shapes of characters from the movie/story, houses (which are Christmas trees & presents instead of houses!), property cards (things like Who-Hash, Who-Dump), game cards, play money, game board, dice and the instruction flyer.








Above are photos of the game. Below is a screenshot of the closed listing.





Look for more posts from eBay sellers who wish to share their eBay success stories. Visit Mandy’s eBay store Mandi Craft, Bears and Collectibles here.

Do you have a great sale or an interesting eBay item to share? Send your find to eBaycoach@yahoo.com for consideration.

Related posts:

Collectible McCoy Cookie Jar Sells For $241 on eBay

eBay Seller Success Story – Tracy Reese New York Dress

eBay Seller Success Story – Nymphenberg Retired Mouse


Tagged: , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

eBay Selling Coach BlogThe owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.