Thursday, December 1, 2011





Carolyn Pritchett sent in a success story:


It was at the end of a Yard Sale day and we were driving home and saw a yard sale close to our house. I was tired and didn't feel like another dead end yard sale, we stopped anyway. As I was searching through what was left, I opened a box marked Lenox and there it was a 1992 Lenox Limited Edition Christmas Plate-I checked it over for damage because for $4.00 it must have something wrong with it? I couldn't find anything. I asked my husband to check it over-he couldn't find anything wrong? So I asked the lady if she would take $2.00, she said yes and I had to really control myself not to show any emotion. I paid her immediately! I came home looked it up on Replacements and it showed that this plate France-Boxed 1992 $449.95 - I checked Ebay and some had sold for less than $200.00. I decided not to chance an auction even with a reserve, because I find people do not bid when there is a reserve? I decided to put it in my store and wait for the right buyer. So I am so glad I did.







Above are photos of the item. This listing closed back in October 2009, so we can’t access the actual listing and show a screen shot, but Carolyn saved the email from eBay:





Look for more posts from Carolyn as she will be a regular contributor to the eBay Coach blog. Carolyn has a family history in the antiques business and has some great yard sale and thrift store flips to share. You can visit Carolyn’s Country Kitchen eBay store here, and her membership website, Treasure Hunter’s Cove here.

Do you have a great sale or an interesting eBay item to share? Send your find to eBaycoach@yahoo.com for consideration.

Related posts:

Tom’s eBay Success Story

eBay Seller Success Story: Starbucks Bearista Bear

Dolce and Gabbana Jacket – eBay Seller Success Story

Tagged: , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

eBay Selling Coach BlogThe owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.